How do I make a referral?
- If you are a referral agent, simply call Sonas on 01 8720068 or fill in an application form, a referral form and a risk assessment form. All 3 forms are available here.
- If you are a woman in a domestic violence situation, discuss the possibility of making an application to Sonas with a community worker, doctor, social worker, guard or with staff in a crisis refuge.
- Please read this Information Leaflet outlining the responsibilities of the referral agent and the applicant before making a referral.
- If you are undecided about whether to make a referral and feel you need more information or assistance then please ring us on 01 8720068 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information will I need when I call?
- Name, date of birth and permanent address (or correspondence address) of woman
- Referral agent details
- Equal opportunities information such as gender and ethnicity
- Current housing and support circumstances
- Which Sonas service you require
What happens next?
- A project leader can advise of suitability with Sonas at referral stage
- If suitable Sonas will ask for a filled-in application and referral form
- Once we receive the completed form we will be in contact within two days to let you know if we can offer the right support for the individual
- Sonas carries out landlord and brief Garda checks
- If suitable, we will set up an interview usually within two weeks of receiving the form
- We will let you know within two weeks of the interview whether we can offer the right support for you
What if I disagree with the decision?
If you are not happy with the outcome of the assessment, please contact us for more information and advice on what to do next.